Join the No. 1 City Hotel in North America rated by Travel + Leisure Magazine that houses the Michelin star rated Gordon Ramsay Fine Dining Restaurant, Boxwood Cafe, and 5 Gorgeous Private Dining Rooms. The London West Hollywood is custom-made for aficionados of celebrated living. Honored with the AAA Four Diamond award, and recognized by Conde Nast Traveler on their “Hot List” for 2009, our all-suite West Hollywood hotel, formerly known as the Bel Age hotel, expertly combines modern style with the allure of Hollywood. Beautifully appointed by the renowned interior designer, David Collins Studio, our hotel offers a glamorous setting for both power-producers and independent thinkers. Delicious cuisine by acclaimed Chef Gordon Ramsay – from restaurant to suite to poolside – enhance your stay and provide the discriminating traveler an incomparable experience to any other West Hollywood hotel.
The In Room Dining Captain is responsible for overseeing the food and beverage service to the in-room guests, to ensure the smooth running of the department, and to handle complaints in the absence of a manager. He/she is also responsible for training, motivating and coaching the staff, monitor expenses and control labor costs in the manager’s absence and for training /assisting in Up-selling the available menus to in-room guests.
· Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare requisitions as needed.
· Ensure work areas are neat and clean at all times.
· Check that trays are set to standards.
· See that all guest phone transactions are received according to established standards.
· Ensure that all employees opening and closing side-work checklists are completed.
· Deliver trays to rooms according to standards.
· Insure that trays are cleared from floors.
· Check VIP list daily and ensure that proper communication procedures are followed.
· Communicate menu changes to staff and ensure that their knowledgeable on the subject.
· Ensure orders are delivered on time.
· Ensure proper settlement of checks.
· Ensure accurate and timely set up and delivery of amenities.
· Ensure communication with oncoming shift.
· Handle guest complaints or special requests; communicate to management when necessary.
· Be capable of training and performing all duties required of Room Service Servers.
· Monitor the closing paperwork for order taker.
· Be knowledgeable about wines.
· Knowledge of local liquor laws.
· Knowledge of food handling and sanitation.
• Competitive wages
• Employee incentives
• The chance to be a part of a product on the cutting edge of modern sophistication, fine cuisine, fashion, and design.