Join the No. 1 City Hotel in North America rated by Travel + Leisure Magazine that houses the Michelin star rated Gordon Ramsay Fine Dining Restaurant, Boxwood Cafe, and 5 Gorgeous Private Dining Rooms. The London West Hollywood is custom-made for aficionados of celebrated living. Honored with the AAA Four Diamond award, and recognized by Conde Nast Traveler on their “Hot List” for 2009, our all-suite West Hollywood hotel, formerly known as the Bel Age hotel, expertly combines modern style with the allure of Hollywood. Beautifully appointed by the renowned interior designer, David Collins Studio, our hotel offers a glamorous setting for both power-producers and independent thinkers. Delicious cuisine by acclaimed Chef Gordon Ramsay – from restaurant to suite to poolside – enhance your stay and provide the discriminating traveler an incomparable experience to any other West Hollywood hotel.
The Chef de Partie/Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service in the Food & Beverage Outlets. The Chef de Partie/Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for overseeing restaurant kitchen production and service, ensuring that safety, quality, quantity and appearance standards are met. He/she is also responsible for the supervision and direction of other cooks in the kitchen and running the operation in the absence of the Chef.
- Report daily to Chef and relay station information and updates.
- Have though understanding of allergens and risk factors when dealing with special orders.
- Have excellent leadership skills including the ability to train, mentor, and direct staff.
- Coordinate resources within the department effectively maintaining budget limits
- Have complete understanding of food cost, labor cost, contribution margin, and other factors which directly affect net profit.
- Oversee production ensuring that safety, quality, quantity and appearance standards are met.
- Coordinate menus and production with staff for board operation and special events.
- Oversee cleaning of kitchen and equipment and closing sanitation standards.
- Oversee kitchen safety by monitoring and training employees in proper equipment use and technique, proper food holding temperatures, and proper food storage.
- Scheduling of staff on a weekly basis.
- Maintain monthly inventory counts.
- Attend and participate in Menu Planning, and Team meetings.
- Advanced training in knife skills and thorough understanding of kitchen operations.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Organize order for daily operation according to the order guide.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
• Competitive wages
• Employee incentives
• The chance to be a part of a product on the cutting edge of modern sophistication, fine cuisine, fashion, and design.