|Convention Set Up Houseperson (PT) (Midday)
Boca Raton Resort & Club
||BOCA RATON, FL US
|| Part Time
|| High school diploma or equivalent
|| Catering/Convention Services
1. Planning & Organization
- Plan & organize the hourly/daily functions to maximize efficiency & accuracy.
- Identify & bring to the attention of the Set Up Supervisor conflicts within meeting/banquet space inventory.
- Communicate groups unusual space needs to the Set Up Supervisor, so a solution may be worked out on a timely basis; avoid emergency decisions.
- Consistently tour the department areas to ensure that all are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
2. Personnel & Training
- To be develop & trained to work in a professional manner. To understand and maintain updated training manual; follow through with training program.
- Carry out functions with an emphasis on guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that you are present at pre-shift meetings prior to events.
- Maintain appropriate grooming standards for all staff within the department.
- Advise the Set Up Supervisors of employees, which show outstanding characteristics for future advancement.
- Advise the Set Up Supervisors of employees, which have recently performed in a poor or unprofessional manner.
3. Catering/Banquet Event Operations:
- Set up & oversee all functions.
- Carry out the set-up of all events. Maintain & continually improve the quality of service within the department. Help maintain all equipment & ensure safe handling & storage of such equipment. Inform Set Up Supervisors when it is necessary to order supplies, linens, uniforms & all other necessary equipment to sure the smooth running of the operation.
- Ensure the safe order and return of any necessary rental equipment.
- Review work orders with shift managers at the start of each shift. In addition review time frames for these work schedules to control overtime.
- Ensure each meeting room is set to standard one & a half hours prior to commencing: Placement of tables, condition of room, necessary meeting equipment & overall appearance of the set up.
- In conjunction with Audio Visual department, coordinate all major exhibit & technical set-ups, i.e., production companies.
- Maintain “Boca Quality” appearance of all areas of the resort, through proper communication with relevant departments: Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Front Desk, Convention Services etc…
- Create & maintain a professional workplace environment fit for reception of prospective clientele.
- Maintain a proper public image.
- Relay guest complaints/requests appropriately in conjunction with the Set Up Supervisor.
5. Working Relationship:
- Keep the Set Up Supervisor well & often-informed in regards to all group activities.
- Participate actively in social events, industry events you & the company will benefit from when required.
6. Standard House-person Norms:
- The House-person is expected to interface & relate well with peers, division &/or inter-divisional staff/managers.
- He/she is to keep well informed & current on Resort information.
- He/she displays a high personal visibility in a mature, professional & decisive manner. Good posture, positive & measured composure would result into an excellent image as a leader.
- He/she provides unselfishly his/her expertise, patience, instructional talents both; theoretically & practically to all his/her subordinates on equal terms. He/she therefore ensures perpetual succession of all positions in his/her group/department.
- The Set-up House-person is expected to follow the schedule set for himself/herself.
- The Set-up House-person is expected to effectively carry out the required tasks & responsibilities. Nevertheless, he/she will remain accountable to the Set Up Manager for the full scope of responsibility without abdication on any or all.
- The Set-up House-person is obligate to safeguard any and all confidential information classified as such, i.e., financial, recipes, trade information as applicable. Methods, systems & procedures, these are not to be shared or discussed with outside sources or competitors. It is understood that any & all MSP documentation or other material or equipment conceived or acquired during his/her tenure are and will remain the sole property of the Boca Raton Resort & Club.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.
Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop or bend for duration of shift [at least (8) hours].
Previous experience in high volume, high quality banquet/convention service operation. Personal appearance and grooming commensurate with high profile nature of job. Good verbal/written communication skills required. Must be able to lift 75 pounds.