1. Inspect assigned pre-function, meeting and banquet space on a daily basis. Make sure the following are checked: signage/reader boards, unlocking of doors, cleanliness, accuracy of set-up, temperature, linen and skirting, chairs, lighting, clean ash urns, positioning of furniture, audio-visual equipment, shipped materials, décor, flowers, as well as all information communicated via group specifications and Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s).
2. Maintain engineering log and process engineering work orders as required and turn into Convention Set-up for follow-up. Constantly check the cleanliness and condition of banquet rooms and public areas.
3. Assist/Monitor rules of Convention Center.
4. Meet, greet and interact with the client’s in a positive and friendly manner.
5. Provide direction to guests attending meeting and banquet events. Be knowledgeable of daily hotel activities and group functions (daily function report).
6. Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined in the BEO.
7. Handle any challenges or concerns immediately and inform the Catering & Convention Supervisor and
Catering and Convention Manager of the incident.
8. Maintain a level of professionalism and cooperation with Clients as well as co-workers.
9. Update Delphi postings as required. Contact Catering & Convention Managers of any changes
required by Client.
10. Update Catering & Convention Associate log book on a daily basis.
11. Review the day’s event’s with Convention Supervisor and communicate all changes and
information to the client and to support departments including the Catering &* Convention Managers.
12. Perform assigned duties as listed on the weekly schedule.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.